Monday 7 January 2013

First Day back

Today was Kahu's 1st day back at pre-school after the summer break, and his first day in the big kids room.  He was very keen to leave the house with his school bag and get into the car, but not so keen to get out of the car, get into the lift from the car-park, or go into the centre. He was ok to sit and play with the cars on the floor but refused to say good bye to me or even look up when I left, no doubt punishing me for 'abandoning' him.......my poor baby.

I dropped in to check on him before lunch and he was laughing and running around madly with his mates.  Any seperation anxiety I thought he may have felt was all one-sided - namely mine.

A first day of sorts for me as well, stepping up to take charge of the team Im in - an acting co-ordinator role for 3 months, until the powers-at-be make some decisions about how the position is going to look going forward.  Day 1 and I'm already working late, not sure if this a good fit for me.  Just as well there is no restrictions on internet access ;-)

Photo is of the monkey ready for his first day back at school.








No comments:

Post a Comment