Saturday 19 January 2013

Big day in the big city

Today I attended Basic Cake Decorating 101 at Planet Cake in Sydney, a gift from my monkey for my birthday last year. A great course, with a bunch of enthusiastic ladies all keen to create their own masterpiece.

Gotta say I think I'm a closet cake decorator. My ex-baker brother-in-law would be proud of my ganache work, & I was working the fondant like a professional.

Loved it. And fairly pleased with the result too.

To finish off a pretty great day I caught up with the cuzzies for dinner at Blackbird Cafe. Way too many hens parties but always awesome to see the whanau.

We all headed back to our hotel room for cake & the fireworks show. Front row seats from our bedroom window.

Perfect! Thanks Sydney.

My masterpiece & Planet Cake Peeps
Clockwise from top left: view from our room at the Novotel Darling Harbout, the big yellow duck, fireworks, hanging with my cuz Mana (watching CARS on the IPAD)



No comments:

Post a Comment