Saturday 1 June 2013

Hello June


It's the 1st of June.

Finally May 2013 is done.

In May I lost my beloved Dad, my gorgeous mother-in-law Joan 2 days later, and we miscarried a much wanted, already loved baby.

Complete and utter crappy month.

Rather than dwell on the when's, how's and whys -I'm choosing to look forward, strive for positivity & know that better days are coming.

I have an awesome family. No doubt! I have amazing friends, and a loving husband and son. I know I'm one of the lucky ones.  There is much to be thankful for.

Yet grief is tricky.

It creeps up on you when you're not looking, hits in unexpected places, and knocks the wind out of you.

I cry a lot. I rage even more. Quinton struggling with loss of his own mother bares a lot. Bless that man.

Good days and Bad days. 

May for all it's horror, also has many days of celebration. Mum, Dads, Qs and my sister Cynthia's birthdays, Mother's Day (yay!) and our wedding anniversary. 

So not so terrible usually.

A genuine thank you to the wonderful people in my life who are always checking up on me/us, who send messages of support, and offer an ear for when I need to vent - which is often.  Your value can never be measured.

I told you I am one of the lucky ones.

So today after a month away I'm blogging again. I'm saying goodbye to May - I'm moving forward with a smile.

Seriously!

Pics of the little people lighting up our lives - and one of Q and I on anniversary night.








2 comments:

  1. Oh Jax, I'm sorry to hear that it ended up being a triple whammy. I don't really know what to say about your loss. Losing my Dad has got to be one of the hardest things I've gone through and even now, I'm still reeling about the fact that he's not going to meet his third grandchild.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an incredibly strong and beautiful woman, Jax. You have provided so much strength to so many loved ones in their times of need, so its only fitting everyone wants to be there for you. Keep your head up and those positive thoughts flowing. I know good things are just around the corner for you guys....and you're right, you have so much to already be thankful for. Beautiful post xxx

    ReplyDelete